Within an eruv, you can carry outside your home in the same way as you can in your own house and garden. All other Shabbat restrictions are unaffected.
- Carry house keys.
- Carry food or drink for use on Shabbat.
- Carry tallit.
- Carry books (e.g. chumash or siddur).
- Carry required medication.
- Carry clothes, (e.g. coat, gloves or handkerchief).
- Carry reading glasses.
- Push a baby pram or wheelchair.
You may not:
- Carry a cell phone or other items which are muktseh (forbidden to be touched on Shabbat).
- Carry anything which is to be used only after Shabbat.
- Carry or open an umbrella.
- Engage in weekday activities which are not in the spirit of Shabbat;such as riding a bike, or going shopping (even on credit or where payment is not involved).
If you are unsure whether a particular activity is permitted, please consult your Rabbi.